Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a blessing tonight's service was!
Worship was great, "Mighty To Save" has never hit me like I did. One of my biggest fears with missions has always been about me not being worthy, whether I was good enough for Him to use. But my prayer was that which was said in the song, "Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures..."
After heated arguments regarding psychology today with the bro(the blood bro), the message was really spot on with me tonight, especially the first two points.

Caution: Good and Caution: Truth
It is so very true that throughout history(and probably for the rest of history), God's "good" will always be questioned. How many times do we think we know better? Or that His way is antiquated and not relevant to today's reality? Would most of us side with Judas at the woman's perfume annointing in that the perfume could've been sold and so much more be done with that money? The fact is that God's definition of what is "good" is gonna be different from what the world tells us is "good".
The same goes for "truth". In the story of Paul, he comes across a woman that is praising him and giving him all sorts of props for the work he is doing through God. But does Paul decide to throw himself a sympathy party? No, instead he decides to cast a demon out of her. Paul realized that words can be "spoken in truth" but not by the "Spirit of truth".
As goes with "good", we have to watch out what "truths" we follow to see whether they are from God or not. God is looking for a generation that knows God's goodness and truth.
Looking forward to things to come,
Dustin
"I'm not perfect, just forgiven"

1 comment:

free said...

Thanks Dust for reminding me to seek and live out His Goodness and His Truth and not my goodness and my truth.

free