Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 1

Posting for David Kau:

"Cautions"

Today was the first day we had a gathering for the missions conference, which is when we have service. Tonight speaker was a Missionary from Arizona named Crystal Martin. I think she is a Pastor also.

My first reaction when I got into the sanctionary was Wow! I have never been to a AoG conference and seeing. All those people tonight I knew I will be totally blessed from tonights message.

Crystal's message totally hit me in the right place. There is only two paths in life: the easy wide road that leads to destuction/hell or the narrow road that is tough to follow that leads to peace/heaven. In order to stay on this path I have to avoid/be careful of 5 cautions. 1. Be careful with the word good. 2. Caution with the word truth which only comes from God. 3. Caution with praises from men. You don't need honor/recognition for the things you do like giving food to the hungry. 4. Caution with Pay toll. America's greatest asset is money and we think that throwing money at a problem will solve it instead of actually going out to do something about it.

5. Finally the last caution really hits me which is One Way. I need to hate sin with all my heart instead of letting it be. My biggest sin is lying. At work, I think I lie about 10+ a day. They are mainly small lies that hurts no one, but I need to stop. One way also means to thank the blessor (God) and not the blessing. I am always thanking the wrong person from things that happen in my life. God is the one that makes things happen and he should receive all my thanks. Finally One way means to avoid gluttney. Growing up in america makes me want more things and money. God does not care what I have in my life. I should only have what I need and stop wanting unnessarily things likes a playstation 3.

Wow we went over a lot tonight and I can't wait till tomorrow gatherings. Tonight really made me analyze my life and made me think about what road I am heading down. I must follow God's way and stay on his path.


David

1 comment:

free said...

Thanks for being transparent David. I too need to realize the choices I make everyday either leads to life or death, I need to be wise and choose LIFE.

free