Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hey all!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a soon to be new years :] As you all have probably read already, our trip started off a little rocky. It's funny how the devil tries hard to prevent good things from happening.. or at least attempt to. I believe the devil is trying to use different methods to get the best of each of us, but I'm proud to say that it's not really working.





The night of our flight, (before it got cancelled/delayed-ish) a little mishap occurred.. As you can see from the picture above, I am in slight pain. No, it is not black nail polish. But, I did manage to slam a car door on my thumb. Looks lovely, right? Not only was there an enormous blackout in Hawaii, but I get my finger smashed, and on top of that our flight gets cancelled. While sleeping over at church I chuckled to myself and thought, "Devil, you do whatever you want but you won't prevail because God's on my side :]" I think that made him a little angry because the next day people were running into my finger left and right. But it's okay. God is still good and the bible tells us to give thanks under ALL circumstances. God is amazing and a little smashed finger, a black out, and a cancelled flight won't keep this team from doing amazing things for our amazing God!!



Flying to Seattle and seeing the Cho family was a blast. They asked me to tell you all "HI!!!" and that they miss you all! They're keeping Calvary in their prayers and hope to come back to Hawaii soon (at least to visit, and maybe move back).


Most of the stress was released when we FINALLY arrived in Cincinnati. Exploring Cincinnati was fun but the conference that happened tonight was incredible! It was definitely an awesome way to kick off a conference. Walking into the convention center blew my mind. It was breath taking to see how many people love God! And although everyone comes from different places, they have all decided to spend the week in Cincinnati, under one roof, praising God together. It's always amazing when you can praise God with your fellow brothers an sisters. The worship was awesome. You could feel the Holy Spirit moving so heavily in the room!! But I must admit, I was quite disappointed when worship ended. I felt like I still had so much more to offer God! The speaker herself could sense that the crowd wasn't ready to sit down! BUT, it's okay because I think that actually left the crowd hungry for MORE.


Our speaker spoke about different signs that we must be aware of and what spoke to me most was when she spoke about truth. Although the world makes something SOUND like truth, it doesn't necessarily mean that it IS truth. We need to be careful what truths we allow to direct our lives. That's just a taste of what's going on here. Ohhh!! I also wanted to tell you all that it is AWESOME to see so many young people at this conference. It's great to see people so on fire for the Lord. On our way back to the hotel from a gathering, I saw one of the girls praying for a homeless sitting out on the street. That was amazing. God is already doing things through the people here. We're going to turn this world UPSIDE DOWN AND INSIDE OUT for our God!! I'm excited for what's to come.



God is good all the time
and all the time, God is good.




Kelley

2 comments:

free said...

Wow what a great attitude/perspective amidst all the mishaps Kelley. "If God be for us, who can be against us." You Glow Girl !

free

Danny said...

Ouch! Well no matter the circumstance, and that freaky lighting storm, thank God for people like you!

Maybe if we all were inspired to be like you, amazing things will happen more often!