Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's up to me


Calvary Family,

Today really messed me up! The messages were not exorbitant nor extravagant, but it did provide me the encouragement and motivation that I needed. It's a long fight and every once in a while it's nice to have a little "pick-me up" like I got today. It did not show me something new, but it did confirm what's been in my heart all along. If I ever talked to you during a Missions Conference, you'll pretty much hear me say these words..."I don't need another message, I'm good and ready to go to war" and that's how I feel right now. So instead of writing down my thoughts I figure I'd show you prayer that I offered up during the altar times today and tonight:

Dear Lord,

You are my love and my life. It is you from where my help comes from.

You have equipped me, therefore, it's up to me!

I am blessed and cannot be cursed, therefore, it's up to me!

I am anointed and appointed, which means it's up to me!

I have authority from on high, therefore, it's up to me!

You have called me, therefore, it's up to me!

You have commisioned me, therefore, it's up to me!

LORD, YOU HAVE LEFT IT...UP TO ME!!!

God...

I repent for reaching the "conveniently" lost and shunning the "inconveniently lost."

I repent for allowing Fear to cripple me and stop me, for you have...left it up to me!

No longer will I be a slave to fear, but instead a slave to righteousness and the Righteous One who has called me and chosen me.

Therefore God...

I will cry, I will try, and I will die. Not a death that is necessarily heroic, but one that takes place daily.

You are my Father and I love you and Fear ONLY You!

In JESUS NAME...AMEN!!!

On a fun note, as you may have heard from the others. We had the opportunity to attend "Windows to the World" where we experience different Missions Fields. Man, it was done well and was really life-like. In one of them, the Eurasia "experience", I had a homosexual man come up and tell me that I'm very gorgeous and hold my hand. He then proceeded to ask why I'm here. I responded that I was for the "experience." After he asked if I was Muslim and I told him NO, I was a Christian. Immediately I went from being a gorgeous guy that he wanted to marry, into, A PRISONER!!!!

It was a pleasure to also catch up with Jhan and Iris Hurst and Dallas Hinds whom I'm sure many of you may remember. Dallas just spent a year overseas learning Spanish and will be spending his next two years in Argentina.

One more day to go!!! And we saw snow!!!

Mahalo for reading,

Danford

1 comment:

free said...

Thx Dan for sharing your heart. I echo your prayer that: "I will cry, I will try, I will die...daily"

Wow, from Gorgeous to Prisonorgeous, talk about transformation ;-)