Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day One

Well our luggage did get in...JUST ON TIME! Praise the Lord! Talk about a Missions Trip, just to get to The World Missions Summit. God has definitely taught me to rely on him, not my possessions and how to be a good administrator due to all of the last minute changes. God has really been in control.

The first day was an awesome start. If it started this good, I can't even begin to imagine what will take place in the days come. God only takes us from glory to glory, so it'll only get better.

Donna got a very cute bracelet that was made from a "rescued slave girl" from India, but I'll let her talk to you more about it.

The message tonight was prophetic and brought me to tears. A couple of things that hit me:

1) Without the presence, nobody hears from God.

If nobody goes...then nobody hears. A missionary went on to tell the story of how his family had a war with witchdoctors and how his family was cursed. One of his daughter couldn't speak for a week and the other had major headaches. Their first night there, they were attacked by an army of rats (twice!), he even had the mosquito net that was around their bed to prove it. He then was given the opportunity to take over another church, but he declined, because if there isn't presence there, nobody would hear. What kind of presence am I bringing to the community, the state, and the World? I've been asking myself that ever since.

2) Silver and Gold we do have, but do we have Jesus.

This was taken from the passage of the Bible where Peter was passing by the gate and there was a beggar on the side of hit. Peter didn't have any Silver or Gold but he DID have Jesus to give the beggar.

The speaker went on to say that the American church is known around the world for giving to Missions or giving their "silver and gold." But what we Americans seem to fail at is that when we run out of money or finances we aren't even able to give JESUS! Or for better application for myself, we give away the silver and gold because we do have it, but fail to give Jesus!

3) That I need to build God's Kingdom and not focus on building MY Kingdom.

Being a cell leader and youth leader, we are constantly brainstorming and finding ways to build the youth group and of course impact the kingdom. However, I need to focus on building God's kingdom and trust God to take care of my kingdom.

GOING OFF OF THE THEME FOR OUR MISSIONS CONFERENCE and the focus of the largest Chi Alpha group in the US....

EVERYONE GOES, EVERYONE GIVES, AND EVERYONE PRAYS!!!!

Aloha from Cincinnati!

Danford

1 comment:

free said...

Thanks for sharing. Point 2 really reminded me to give my silver and gold and more importantly I need to constantly give Jesus.

free