Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TWMS2 In Cincinnati - Day 2

Hey Everyone in Hawaii!! I hope everyone is having a Happy New Years 2009!! Still here in Cincinnati rolled in 2009 with a bunch of young people who are also on fire for the heart of God!

We got a chance to have lunch with some missionaries from El Salvador. They told us some of their experiences and how God has led them to do missions work there. Pray for the people there. There is so much war and hostility and dangers. Pray for the missionaries there, that God will keep them safe, and provide, and bless their works, that none shall perish, but come to know the Lord.


Also, we got to go to these workshop sessions called "Windows To The World," where different areas of the world have a room, and they put you through as real as an experience as possible on how it would be to go to that country/area.

One of the ones that we went to experience was Eurasia. This Window To The World was a CRAZY experience. Me and Dan got put into jail.

I was just standing around when someone with an open Bible in hand was being led to jail and was asked if I have any friends. This person pointed to me, and I was like, "Huh?", but the people there took hold of me and put me in Jail. (Dan just said openly that he was a Christian, that's why he went to jail) But, this showed me how real the world is, and how dangerous it can get. I also realized that, though it was a mock experience, will I really be able to be serious about the people in other places and sensitive to the culture of different areas? It's hard to say, but going through the Eurasia WTTW gave me a better perspective on how reality is outside of America.

Also, another message that God and the Holy Spirit was tugging at my heart on was, "What is the limits of my inconvienence?" He is always finding ways of stretching me to my limits. This time he is doing it, yet again, with how far I will go for Him. It's true that, when you pray for a servants heart, you get opportunities to be a servant.


For dinner, we got to sit with Glen, the campus pastor of Chi Alpha for Standford University. He was telling us all about the ministry there, and how it is very similar, yet also very different and challenging at the Standford University.

We also talked to Shawn, who is a campus pastor in a University in Spain. And, as we were praying in the night session to hear from God and to seek Him, He reminded me of the Chi Alpha ministries all across the world, and how they are making a difference in yound people's lives. Maybe He is hinting something to me??

All in all, it was a great day to hear from God. We got to see snow (the first time for myself) in the morning, as well as usher in the new years praising and worshiping God. (The first thing we did right after cheering for the new years was pray and worship God for what He did in 2008, and what He is going to do in 2009)

There's still one more day left, and I know God will continue to reveal His heart to me, so that I may know where He wants in my life, and to follow.

Stay tuned for more to come, and have a Happy New Years 2009 from Cincinnati!!

-Alan-

1 comment:

free said...

Hey Al, thx for sharing; I know that I know God has a great plan for your life ! Wow thrown into jail huh, it really reminds us not to take freedom of religion here in the US for granted while tens of thousands are being persecuted for His name sake all around the world.