Thursday, January 1, 2009

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end

TWMS2 defintiely ended with a bang! Today was by far the most impacting on my life. One of the "Windows to the world" rooms that we visited was Northern Asia. They imitated people of different religions that are common in that area and spoke on the behalf of them in terms of how they think and practice their religions. Before this, I was ignorant of the degree at which these people practice their religions. They literally give up their lives to the gods that they worship and challenged the Christians. A man portarying a buddhist monk said something that really spoke to my heart.

"You Christians have it easy. You are not afraid of sin! You ask your god for forgiveness and you say he forgives, yet you continue to sin again and again. Us? We are afraid to sin because we know that the measure of sin that we do is the measure of sin that will be released back to us. That's what keeps us from sinning!"

Another man representing the Islamic people said this:

"I hear you Christians talk about your God but you only talk. I don't see the walk. We constantly proclaim that Allah is the only god. We pray 5 times a day. On the month of Ramadan, we pray and fast for the entire month! No water or food passes our lips. How many times do you pray and fast to your god? Are you bold enough to live the lifestyle so that you can reach me?"


These people who practice their religions don't just practice it for fun. They truly believe that their god is the real god and they work so hard to make sure they can find enlightenment or a place in heaven, whatever it is that they believe in. Not only that, but be cause we are Christians, our lives are looked at closely by those around us. We need to make sure we know the Word and our God. But in order to do that, we must first have a relationship with our living God!!


The evening service began a little rocky for me. During the service, I could hear the enemy pouring lies into my head. And the sad thing was that I was believing them. I was being told that I was no good, that I could never be a great missionary for God.. that I could never reach the lost the way God wants me to because I'm so imperfect and am a sinner. The enemy began to pour past sins that I had committed into my mind, which overwhelmed me and tore me apart. I felt so ashamed and I felt so unworthy to be at the conference. What can someone like me do for the Lord? But as the saints passed around the bread and wine for communion, I could feel the blood of Jesus cover me like I've never in my life felt before. Then God spoke and said, "I will remember your sins no more. And as far as the east is from the west, I will remember your transgressions no more." GOD IS SO GOOD. It's in the devil's nature to do what he did to me. The awesome thing about it is that the devil is so predictable. He uses the same tactics over and over again, and unfortunately they work sometimes. But God is awesome and always knows how to comfort.

I could keep going but I think I'll save it for when we return back to Calvary. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers! We love you guys and can't wait to get back home to the sun!

Kelley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kelley, wow i had no idea you were feeling that way. im glad God spoke to you and reaffirmed His love. i was struggling with the same type of thoughts too, but i think God helped me to understand this week the meaning of being "hidden in Christ". if it makes you feel better, everyone else in the conference (even though there were tons of people) are equally unworthy but it's like wow God...it's truly Your love and grace and not us hehe :) take care love youuu!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah..remember when the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future! when i was taking communion i was worried that i would fail again after the conference but God said "the enemy has been defeated" and it's like just keep fighting the thoughts with His word and it starts to become where you realize the condemnation may come with feelings that feel true but its not hehe.