Thursday, January 1, 2009

Has Someone Failed God?

Today was the final day of the conference. As you can imagine, it was one to remember!

The day started with a challenge from the Conference Host Scott Martin. He challenged us to "give one year, and pray about a lifetime." Praise the Lord that 800 people responded!!! At the beginning of the conference it was prophesied that "it still remains to be seen if this generation will accomplish the job." THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES!!!

I want to show you a letter from Missionary David Plymire who labored in Tibet. This was written after his wife and two kids had passed away in the mountains of Tibet.

On January 29, I followed my two loved ones to this lonely spot on the Tibetan mountains. My dear wife and little boy were placed in one grave. Why these dear ones were called away I do not know. I do not question. They were so earnest in trying to evangelize this vast region. It is so very hard in the natural, now entirely alone. For several years we prayed for help. We begged someone to help my wife in the work and to be a companion while I was out among the Tibetans. But no one came. Has someone failed God?

That hit me. Who am I failing when I don't come? A missionary? A person who needs me? Have I failed God by not coming?! Have I failed God by not going?!

WOW!!!

Then tonight we had the pleasure of hearing from the only Pastor of an AG church in IRAQ!!! This man has been underground while Saddam was in power. But now he has finally established an "above ground" church of 700! Most of who are college aged.

Just amazing stories from an amazing man!

He challenged us to give up our ambition, money, and dreams for those of God! It takes Commitment, Crucifixion, Consecration!

One thing that I've been wrestling with daily is this: if the Bible is right and something must die before bringing forth life, like JESUS or a seed...then why is it that so many are unwilling to die? If dying meant life to the nations we died for...then why are so many unwilling to die?

WHY AM I NOT WILLING TO DIE....

TO DIE DAILY TO MY SINS AND VICES
TO DIE TO MY PRIDE
TO DIE TO MY MINISTRY
TO DIE TO MY DREAMS AND MY AMBITIONS....

I tell you what...

I should die..because it will bring LIFE

LIFE TO HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
LIFE TO GOD'S GLORY
LIFE TO GOD'S WORK
LIFE TO GOD'S DREAMS AND AMBITIONS!!!

THEREFORE...I CHOOSE TO DIE!!!

Thanks for reading =) See you soon!

Danford

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To Danford, Alan, Donna, Kelley, David, Dustin, and Erin

God is revealing so many things to you guys and it's amazing. He is opening doors in your hearts and building a fire within you. Can't wait for you guys to use the verve for missions that God is filling you with and pour it into us. safe travels back home. I love you guys!