Saturday, January 3, 2009

The End?

By David Kau

It was sad today was the last day of the conference. God has enlightened me this week. I came to the conference believing my missions field was inner city America. However leaving the conference I am now not as sure.

Today started with a message from Scott Martin. His message was to not wait to do the great commission, just go. After the message he had ask all of us to sign mission pledges card. I did not sign the card, but I will go on a short term mission trip this summer. I could not sign the card because I am honest and I cannot promise I will go on a year long mission trip this year.

For lunch, we sat with a married couple who worked in the medical mission field. I totally did not get anything out of this meeting. However it was still interesting listening to their stories. I know donna, dustin, and kelley got a lot of this lunch meeting.

After lunch, I went to the Eurasia experience. Eurasia is a scary place, because of religious warfare in all of Eurasia. Islam, Hindu, and other religion battle it put in these lands and Christianity is totally unwanted. All of the countries in Eurasia are America haters like Afghanistan and Pakistan. I will pray for the missionaries working in this part of the world.

The next session I went to was the chi alpha. I will be completely honest, I only went to their presentation because I got a free shirt out of it. Chi alpha mission field is the college campus.

At dinner, we met a missionary from convoy of hope. I was really interested in what she had to say. I think it would be awesome if I helped people in need after a natural disaster like a earthquake. I would like to spread the gospel while giving the people in need food and water.

The final service had two very important speaker. The first was John Bueno who is a big time missionary from El Salvador. He has created the world largest christian school in the world. His message is never give up. His church was failing after nine years and he tried everything to grow his church, but nothing worked. He used acts chapter 1-9 to grow his church.

The last speaker was pastor Jules who is a missionary in Iraq. He had many horror stories about doing his mission work Iraq during Saddam reign if terror.

After the three day conference, my heart has changed. I still want to work with inner city youth, but I will apply to convoy of hope for a job. I want to help people in their time of need. I would like to encourage everyone to go in a mission. Let the holy spirit be your guild.

God bless you!


David

No comments: