Thursday, January 1, 2009

Into Glorious Light I'm Running

Although the conference is sadly ending, I thank God that in the end of the conference, a beginning of another one of His works will start in continuation as a result of the conference. God has officially sealed everything He spoke into my heart and transferred what His Spirit has been revealing to me from my head to my spirit. All I feel is glorious freedom. The title of my blog is what it is because that was the song we all danced to at the close of the conference in celebration of what God has done, and it's still running in my spirit.

Tonight's conference speaker was so good not because He gave cool points or because he was used of God to perform signs and wonders, but that his testimony was purely God. He is the pastor of New Life Church in Baghdad, Iraq! President Bush had to talk to the Cabin so that he could make it to our conference tonight. This man's life was clearly not his own, and it clearly belonged to God. He said that God told him not to preach, but to share his stories in Iraq, and his stories caused me to hunger and yearn for the living God. God showed us through his testimonies that God is doing an employment search for good soldiers that will give up their lives and not take it back as their own. He shared the COST-committments, of being a good soldier in this army. God said that there were no qualifications to join this army, but there are committments. These were: 1) Consecration 2) Committment, and 3) Crucifixion.

Again the Lord moved in a powerful way to speak into hearts how to be a servant of Jesus Christ. He explained that we are not the writers, producers or movie stars in the movie we're living in life. He is the writer, He is the producer, and He is the movie star!!! He said that if we truly desire that God be glorified, it is easy to believe in God's power to draw all men unto Him in amazing ways. If God already wants His name lifted high, and the vessel He is using wants the same thing, there is no hesitation on God's part to bring this to pass. The hesitation of God doing this is when we seek the glory, because God will not give His glory to anyone else's name. Amen.

There was another powerful altar time where I sought God's face and sealed even more His Word sown in me at this conference. A word of knowledge was given that we must know the authority of God if we want this generation to cross the Jordan, because without the authority of God, God's job won't be done.

All I can say is, I am committed to die. I am committed to not take my life back. I am committed to serve the commanding officer Jesus Christ in this army to accomplish a great mission in these last days. Tonight's speaker said that he believes this is the generation that will bring the great commission to a close; and if this is true, I must take good orders from my Heavenly Father and follow Him wholeheartedly and sacrificially (although there is no sacrifice compared to His sacrifice).

The conference ended greatly and I know God will contiue to do great things. While I was in the midst of worshipping God with many others at the altar and listening to two other leaders pray and encourage us and share God's words to us, God put into my heart a way that I need to step out in faith, God spoke to my heart to step out in faith about a certain thing, and when I stepped out in faith, He amazingly confirmed everything He is doing in my life and I am not afraid. I cannot wait to see the fruit of this conference in the many that were called, and am excited to see how God will glorify His name through our lives. Although the works of evil will greatly increase in these last days, I know then the works of God will equally increase, and more. I have faith.

Thank you Calvary for planting seeds of a missions heart in me while I was with you. As I return to my current missions field, I will seek God in leading me to light more torches! Amen.

Erin

No comments: