Thursday, January 1, 2009

TWMS2 - Day 3

Wow, what an awesome last day of TWMS2 here in Cincinnati. God has definitely been speaking to me, and all of us. This is just a good reminder of all the different places that need God. So many are lost. So many are in need. So many do not know Jesus. It can be overwhelming to see so many ministries in need, not just for finances, but also for people to work the harvest fields.


One thing that really hit my spirit was mentioned that people do not need more entertainment. They have enough of that, especially people in America. What people really need is God's words and a touch from the Holy Spirit. People need relationships, and the most important relationship is that with Christ Jesus.

One of the guys that I was talking to is a Chi Alpha intern at one of the biggest campuses in Texas, and he mentioned that he gets asked what they do for their ministries. He answered that people expect to have big events, but much of their ministry is their small groups (cell groups). The key is to build relationships. That is what disciplining is. God was speaking to me on putting more emphasis on relational discipleship more.

God has called all to go to all the world and share His good news with those without. I believe this conference has really opened up my heart for the young people. I believe that is why I am doing ministry in Fusion Young Adults, because of His call. I also believe that God has put in my heart for more campus ministries, because he has shown me what young people can do, what this generation can do, before they start sitting in the "corporate, director, political" chair, and how they can be reached in a simple college chair.

God is still continuing to speak to me about missions. It is awesome that Calvary is a Missions church, because that truly is where the heart of God is. This conference is just the beginning. So much more us to come. Great things are to come. God is going to do miracles through His people, through this generation.

Now it is time for us to come back home, and trust me, we definitely know the importance of what missions is and how it is the heart of the Father to reach others. With us will come the passion for those who need Jesus. Although this missions conference has ended it is just the beginning for what God has in store for reaching the lost and missions.

-Alan-

No comments: